Saturday, March 5, 2011

There's a tear in my beer...

Unless you live under a rock, you know who made it into America's top 10 for this season. You also know which three lucky singers were chosen as the judges' "wild card picks."

Our fresh-faced final 13!
Results shows are emotionally draining, and not just for the contestants. As each singer's fate was revealed, my heart was racing, I felt sick to my stomach, and in some cases, I was absolutely jubilant over some of the results. Most of us chose the top 5 guys correctly: Paul, Jacob, James, Casey, and Scotty. The girls were a little more dramatic: Haley, Pia, Thia, Karen, and Lauren A made it through, leaving some of us surprised that Ashton and Naima were left standing on the "wrong" side of the stage.

The judges had the tough and emotional task of choosing the 6 who would sing for their lives, and then choosing the final 3 wild cards from there. I have to say, I was feeling very eh about Stefano until I saw him sing for his life with Smokie Norful's "I Need You Now". By the end of that performance, I was crying like a baby and high-fiving myself, since I was the only one watching. He may have turned himself into a front-runner with that single performance.

And although Ashton's over-confidence is a bit of a turn-off, her performance of Jennifer Hudson's "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" earned her a spot in the top 13. As for Naima, I'm glad she made it, otherwise, I think we would have seen a Grade A-Mach 5 Emotional Breakdown from her onstage, and no one wants to see that. She's going to have to pull it together to survive three more months of result shows!

Watch and learn

Word on the street is that Adam Lambert will perform at next week's results show. I look forward to my Ultimate Idol showing these kids how. it's done.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment